Unique Way to Experience History
They call it “The Forgotten War,” but its echoes are very much present in modern day South Korea. Military enthusiast and former Korean Air Force pilot Simon Lee shared riveting tales of a brutal war that ripped a country apart, including accounts from his own family. Walk through the Korean War Memorial and see true artifacts that bring this era to life. At the end of the tour, everyone enjoys a lunch of Budae Jjigae, an American-influenced stew that was borne from this era.
Tour includes experiencing the following:
- Learning the causes, major battles, and aftermath of the Korean War
- Personal family anecdotes that make the war feel closer
- Exploring the Korean War Memorial museum
- Seeing and touching authentic tanks, planes, and equipment used in the Korean War on both sides
- Boarding a ship that was shot up by North Koreans in 2002, a truly scary experience
- Lunch of Budae Jjigae (Army Base Stew)
This tour is great for
- History buffs
- Military enthusiasts
- Families looking for an enriching excursion
Wear comfortable shoes. The ticket price includes all food.
Length of tour: approx. 3 hours
Type: Walking indoors and outdoors, meal
Food types for special diet consideration: beef, gluten (can be removed upon request), pork, slightly spicy
Suggested items: Comfortable walking shoes, bottled water, umbrella (depends), camera
Start location: Samgakji Station, exit 12 (lines 4 & 6)
A French cusine trained chef, Simon Lee (left) served in the Korean Army’s very unique unit. He is a military history maniac and big-time military enthusiast. He is an ex-civilian pilot who used to fly in African countries as a bush pilot and as a commercial pilot in the U.S.
IMPORTANT: Reservations made with fake emails or phone numbers will be rejected.
Payment options (bookings approved after receipt of payment)
PayPal (in USD)
Deposit in Korean bank account (account number will be given) up to two days before tour
If you can only pay in cash please contact us before booking.
Please refer to our cancellation policy.
Date(s) - 01/02/2016
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
|Spaces available out of 10|
Bookings are closed for this tour.